Luke Raguz M.D.
It’s important to recognize the value of ASA’s veteran leadership. Jim Saar, Russell Halsted and Ivan Kusturic each have more than 40 years of experience. When you understand how important that is, it gets even better with our medical team. Each one of the following four gentlemen, starting with Dr. Luke Raguz, should rightfully be considered USA apparel royalty.
- Luke Raguz M.D. completed residency and Anesthesiology training program at Montefiore Medical Center a University Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1995. Immediately after graduation, he joined an elite group practice, serving private and university-affiliated hospitals and ambulatory Cosmetic Surgery Centers.
- Throughout his professional life, Dr. Raguz has been on a quest to acquire significant experiences in managing many simple and complicated medical conditions, including extensive clinical experience working with ambulatory Surgery Centers and four private and university-affiliated hospitals.
- Looking back at this long professional life, he realized that these positions would not fulfill the ultimate goals he wanted to pursue. His desire to make all human lives better, far exceeded mere treatment. It required expanding and growing Research and Development in Medical products that are applicable to prevention of injuries and disease as well.
- That realization brought Dr. Raguz to ASA. Here, he's discovered an exciting environment in which to explore endless opportunities to apply his diverse medical knowledge. One of his passions, is to expand his medical horizons into healing medical apparel, as this is a market that is still underdeveloped and uniquely under-researched.
- His extensive life experience has taught him to see patterns. One of his insights is that technology will become the primary sell factor for apparel and not merely a point of differentiation. Smart fabric evolution has allowed us to explore the real estate of the human body. Wrist-worn activity trackers are everywhere, but that's just a tiny hit of things to come. ASA is working on a number of hi tech products that we can wear from head to toe, and also be a lot less visible. These innovations will become a more seamless addition to activewear and fashion, maximizing the performance and analytics of the human body. The future of the apparel industry will be the integration of technologies, and ASA will lead the way.